View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 06:15 PM   #33
kbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
So the not starting when you refill points to an issue with the EVAP system.
Now that I have that information I believe your lumpy idle is also related to an issue with the EVAP system.

Not sure of the exact layout but there should be a main vacuum hose to the EVAP system connected to your intake.
Find that main hose then pinch it off and see if your lumpy idle changes. you can also hook up your Durametric and watch your fuel trims and O2 signals. If you have a vacuum leak in the EVAP system you will be showing positive fuel trims and low voltage from your O2 sensors. When you pinch off the hose your fuel trims will change as well as your O2 signals. O2 voltage will start to increase and then switch normally. fuel trims will slowly come down.
If there does prove to be an issue with the EVAP system start with the purge valve and work from there.

Your Camshaft deviation is also still an issue sorry to say.
My guess is that much deviation is directly related to the poor fuel economy.
fuel trims on bank 1 are probably always at near max positive no matter the RPM range.
Just a guess on my part concerning fuel economy.
welp. I tried to put a clamp on the evap hose and I tried clamping numerous hoses and the car didn't care. Runs lumpy and barely struggles to stay running, If i disconnected a vacuum line it just stalls. smells extremely rich upon startup, For the camshaft deviation ill probably just fiddle a teeny bit with the timing, not that hard. but for the lumpy terrible idle I have no idea whats causing it or how to fix it. is my camshaft deviation enough to cause this? I don't know. I assume the car not starting after putting fuel is its own isolated issue with the evap system. I am going to purchase a smoke kit to overall see if there are any big vacuum leaks that are causing this. I checked the codes, cylinder 1 2 and 3 missfire along with the p1341... how weird....
kbod is offline   Reply With Quote