View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 11:48 AM   #30
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbod View Post
I cleared the codes, there are no codes currently. what happens is i clear the codes and drive the car with its lumpy idle, and it may or may not stall in drive at a red light or stop and when the idle drops really low the check engine light comes on, i bring it home and I get the p1341 code. As of yesterday when I ran the engine the camshaft deviations were at 0, maybe I need to drive it for those to register.

the car runs good at 1,000 rpm and above
Take the car on a good 20-30 minute drive so everything is evenly warmed up then take the Camshaft deviation readings. Let us know what they are.
If the P1341 code does not come back then the timing issue is most likely resolved.
If you get the P1341 code again and Cam deviation is out of range then you still have a timing issue.
If the Camshaft deviations are good and no return of the P1341 code then you need to start looking at the lumpy idle issue.
Could be a MAF issue or vacuum leak issue. Looking at O2sensor signals and short and long term fuel trims are a means to tell if it is a vacuum leak or a bad MAF.

Go to Youtube and look up ScannerDanner find his videos on identifying Vacuum leaks using fuel trims. also his vids on MAF sensors. From those vids you will see how to use your Durametric to test to see if you have a vacuum leak or a bad MAF. Seeing him do it will be better then me trying to explain it.

There a number of various valves and hoses along with carbon canister and vacuum canister under vacuum in both the Secondary Air Injection system and the Evap system. From the way you describe your lumpy idle issue (as if the issue is being triggered after warmup). My guess is your problem is in the Evap system or Secondary Air Injection system. Vacuum leaks often don't happen in those systems until a valve is actuated then the vacuum leak occurs. (Sounds like your issue). Because of this Vacuum leaks in these systems can be hard to find because thy don't always show up with something like a smoke test. So you have to go over each system step by step. Part by part.

Hope this is of some help.
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote