View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 03:52 AM   #18
Radman

Garage
If you mod the car, you need to be committed to it lol! I bought a 99 with the plan to have it keep me occupied for 5 years or so. It's fun, but I'm admittedly envious of my friends 2016 Cayman GT4. I don't need quite that much power, but I'd like to be less than 200hp away .

Emotions are an interesting thing. I bought the car with the idea of slightly upgrading the power but still buying another P-car down the road. Newer, "nicer", blah blah blah. Then I get this thing in my garage and I'm saying to myself I never realized just how beautiful of a car it is. Then I realized that it was made the month and year my wife and I were married. That's a sign if there ever was one. Now we're(notice it switched to we instead of I) planning to keep the car forever.

So, I've been looking at LNE, F6I, and now Audi swaps. It makes no financial sense, but emotions are senseless. And now I'm appreciating the simplicity of this car. A real cable for throttle control, no dual zone climate controls, not even 45k in options lol! The only thing I want to add to the interior is a CarPlay head unit and that's as much for safety as it is comfort/convenience.

So, much depends on how you view the car. Is it a temp toy, or a part of the family ?
Radman is offline   Reply With Quote