View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 02:45 PM   #17
ike84

To add to the comments regarding resale value...

Empirically I have noticed that bone stock cars are the highest valued in terms of resale. While the forum members are different, the majority of people just want a used porsche.

As an example, there was an amazingly modified 986 that included a 3.4l, gt3 suspension all around, and decked out interior. It was not a track car mind you, it was really well done and truly stylish. The car only had 60k miles I think (don't hold me to that) and only sold for 9K after being in the market for months! The market for 986's with aftermarket mods, done right or not, is very small. Hell, look at what happened with maytags car. I don't think anyone would argue against his knowledge base or ability to turn a wrench and still not even anyone on this forum would but his beloved. Sad face.

So my point is, if anyone is considering $20k for a new motor, consider just selling the car without a motor for $2k (which happens all the time) and spend $22k on a lightly used 987.2

Just my 2c

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk