Thread: 2.7 swap
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 02:30 PM   #20
Dllrd23

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanic View Post
@truegearhead - I'm much in the same boat here. Looking to swap out my 2.5. From what I'm gathering you used the 2.7 engine, swapped the fuel rail, the crossover and the throttle body form the 2.5, the 2.5 harness and blocked off the crossover valve?

Everything else pretty much plug and play?

@DLLRD23 - Keep us up to date, I'm watching this one with a lot of interest.
I just bought some silicone reducers for the crossover from Intercooler Pipe Fabrication they were 3.75” to 3.5”. I’ll let you know how they work. Next order of business is figuring out which exhaust to use. The 2.5 would be plug and play but when I went to get it yesterday, I stood it up on end and a bunch of oil ran out meaning the converter (I think only one side as this was a blown head gasket issue) would be full of oil and likely ruined. The exhaust on the 2.7 has the o2s in the wrong location for the harness which isn’t a huge deal but will require some wiring. I just got some mesh loom to update the harness and some cloth electrical tape from amazon today to freshen up the look of the harness. It was fairly inexpensive (200’ of tape 25’ of 1/4” loom and 25’ of 1/2” loom for $40). Researching which IMS bearing to go with right now. That is next after the harness then all should go quick after that.

Last edited by Dllrd23; 01-26-2021 at 02:45 PM.
Dllrd23 is offline   Reply With Quote