View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 01:52 PM   #6
Muskoka Minute

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
+1 to pauls comment. I wouldn't worry about numbers but you need to make sure the motor matches to your current setup. If not you should carefully check a wiring diagram to make sure you can make it work.

With that being said, that's a crazy amount of money to spend on this car. If it were me and I needed a new engine I would go nonporsche. I know that sounds blasphemous but it's really not for two reasons. First, a motor is just that and while the flat 6 is an interesting motor is certainly not the pinnacle of automotive engineering. Second, you can get as much if not more(sometimes WAY more) power with another motor. For example, belt driven audi V8s are dirt cheap, bolt to our transmissions, and will make 300 hp all day with no tweaks. With tweaks the sky is the limit(just ask truegearhead). It's not plug and play but there is a really well documented build thread flooating around and is not all that complicated. I have dinner a ton of research on this so if you need any help just let me know. Best of luck!

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Thats interesting never thought of that.... I have seen LS motors...

What is the largest Audi motor that you can put in with a ton of extra work?

Thanks Bart
My Beast 2004 Boxster SE #0174
- 3.8 with all the internal goodies, Under-mount Pulley, IPD Plenum, 996 Intake, Softronic Tune, 987 Factory Sport Exhaust, skid plates, IMS solution, Ohlins R&T, RSS Toe Links, Camber Plates, Michelin Pilot Super Sport on all 4 corners, Alpine Double Din c/w new speakers & amps.
Muskoka Minute is offline   Reply With Quote