View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 05:01 PM   #6148
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qingdao View Post
Not to be negative, but one of those intakes is right next to the coolant tank. That coolant tank gets kinda warm; hence the heat shields that attach to the carpet that normally surrounds the tank.

Is this a "racecar"? Have you thought about gutting your tail lights (like dodge did with the headlights) for an intake option? Or removing the back bumper to pickup on some of the vacuum of air in the rear of the car and directing it into your intake?

I too am working on a "cold air" intake on my car. I sealed off the left side intake and cut a hole in the top of the tube so I can feed my intake ducting. That convoluted sentence is more clear in person, but it has served to lower intake temps a bit.
You are right about the expansion tank getting warm. I used to put oatmeal and milk in a baggie, setup it in tip of the tank before leaving for work, and 20 min later I had oatmeal!

No, it's not a racer. It's my daily driver. This is a small part of what I'm calling my GTR (GT renegade) build - the end result will be a stripped down twin turbo that retains comfort creatures that define the Porsche brand. I'm trying to create what I would think porsche would do with this setup if they were really trying to maximize performance with this platform.

Anyway, there will be a lot more to go. I posted this part purely because I've never seen anyone mount an 82mm TB on our cars (regardless of engine displacement) so I just wanted to show that it can be done lol. Plus, our stock intake is a joke. The breather system in our cars is horribly undersized. I won't get into all the science about it and I know there are guys who will swear up and down that messing with intake and exhaust will kill ponies but I'm just not buying it.

The main reason I brought it through the trunk is for the TT setup that is down the road. If I wasn't doing that then I would have routed a single 3.5" intake along the passenger side of the bay and out the left port (after engine ground strap and oil fill tube have been relocated, SAI and engine bay fan deleted). You can even go so far as to mount scoops over the ports and create a ram air intake (think GT40). This is on my list as well as that is where I am going to mount heat exchangers for my intercoolers. Again though, down the road...

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk