View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 07:02 AM   #1
Farmlifer
Veteran & Boxster Padawan

Classic “Daily Driver” Enthusiast - 1st Porsche

New to Porsche and Boxsters at age 58, but a long time classic car owner and enthusiast. Recently retired looking forward to getting back into the classic car community and becoming a Porsche curmudgeon (get off my driveway with that electric car - LOL) 😆

I’ve been blessed to have owned everything from 65-68 Mustangs, 66 MGB, BMW Z3, 59 Ford, 57 Chevy, old Beetles, and many more “daily driver” classics. My favorite era by far is the 60’s automotive industry both European and American. I contemplated for months 987 or 986 Boxster... 987 or 986 Boxster... after driving both what really got me was the fundamental joy and feeling behind the wheel of a 986. Don’t get me wrong the 987 is a beautiful car, but the 986 reminds me of an earlier car era yet with subtle advances in engineering and vastly improved drivability.

I love my 986 with the factory radio tuning/volume knobs, simple on/off switches, an interior with a classic leather look and feel, no backup camera or sensors, steering that reminds me of my first go-cart, and “less is more” exterior cosmetic features with a plastic rear window. Now I do miss being able to open the hood and work on my car versus mid-engine complexity and space savings, but WOW, I can’t complain about the trade off with the balance and handling it delivers.

So long introduction short... happy to be here on the forum, happier to have finally found my perfect classic “daily driver” the 986 Boxster, and my own little “PPI approved” 2001S!

Best Regards from Colorado,
Farmlifer
Attached Images

Last edited by Farmlifer; 01-20-2021 at 03:22 PM.
Farmlifer is offline   Reply With Quote