View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 01:11 PM   #1
Farmlifer
Veteran & Boxster Padawan

Seeking a little more sound on my 2001S

Ok, so I’ve been reading posts here on the forum (very helpful - great group of car enthusiasts) there are recent tips/mods while others from years past with many after-market products no longer available or have been replaced/upgraded. Some mods simply require a drill bit or punch like the Crios exhaust modification...

So, I am seeking some updated advice surrounding the Crios modification for my S/3.2 versus “second CAT elimination pipes” (which I cannot seem to find online) added to the “stock” (no holes) factory muffler system. Only ones I see on EB are ~$500 and that can’t be right otherwise pretty easy decision for me to just plug in that drill!

Basically, saving my pennies for items like AOS, coolant reservoir, and other parts when (and they will at some point) need replacement - but, in the meantime really want “a little more sound” out of this car without spending $$$ on aftermarket exhaust.

So Crios or 2nd CAT eliminated (tell me where to purchase those pipes please) I know exhaust sound is subjective, but I wanted to refresh the subject as get some feedback before taking drill in hand.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by Farmlifer; 01-09-2021 at 01:17 PM.
Farmlifer is offline   Reply With Quote