View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 10:24 AM   #1
strombomb

Boxster S Engine and Transmission Parts For Sale

I have some parts for sale from a 2003 Boxster S. All parts have 96k miles. I bought the car knowing it had engine issues for the purpose of performing and engine conversion. I have removed the engine and trans from the car and now would like to sell them. I will be needing a 987 6-speed trans for my conversion. Prices below are OBO. I am willing to ship parts at the buyer’s expense and arrangement. Parts are located near Portland, OR.

3.2 liter engine - $1000 - I would prefer to sell the engine complete, but can part it out too. I will be keeping the electrical harness and ECU. Engine has experienced IMS bearing failure BUT it did run (I drove the car off of the moving trailer) and Cyl #1 passed a leakdown test with only about 3% loss. Other cylinders were not tested because I did not want to turn the crank any more than I had to given the state of the IMS... didn’t want it to jump time. Before the engine was removed from the car, I examined the IMS bearing; it is toast and the IMS (shaft) will need to be replaced (outer race is super stuck in the IMS). I can’t make any promises about cylinder walls (except cyl 1 as described above) but it is still in-time and I assume the heads are fine. PM for more information.

Last edited by strombomb; 11-14-2022 at 07:08 PM.
strombomb is offline   Reply With Quote