View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 03:31 PM   #21
kbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Being old, single, retired, and a car nut I have time to try to help others.
I have always had an interest in things mechanical.
When the computer age came along it changed automobiles in many ways.
The DME/ECU and the OBDI and OBDII systems came along and I was lost.

What do you mean I can't adjust the timing Multiport fuel injection
Check engine light???? P-Codes????WTF?????
So I have had to try and learn what I could about those things.
It's car stuff right

Part of learning is trying to help others and getting their feedback on results.
Another part of learning is having people like you question or comment on my advice to others. Makes me go back and think about my approach.

Yes diagnosing via the net is hard.
I don't have the car before me.
I can't see it, touch it, feel it, smell it, hear it, taste it, talk to it, and it can't talk to me. So ya it's hard
Take care.
Words can not describe how grateful I am for all the help blue has given me thus far . honestly. Today I brought the car in and Replaced the factory stereo with a nice apple carplay unit (I know fix the engine then do upgrades...oopsie) and I also unplugged the mass air flow sensor and Wow it ran like extra crap. extra lumpy, extra rich, extra terrible. It's safe to say I don't think the car has a vacuum leak or a broken mass airflow sensor. My new camshaft position sensor came in but i'm waiting on my air oil separator to also come in since the cam position sensor is below the oil separator and mine is shot. Ill post a quick update when I get it replaced on if it fixes the car and if it doesn't fix the car what my deviations/actual angles are.

When I do the camshaft position sensor Ill also remove the lower camshaft rubber plug and check/repeat the timing process just incase.
kbod is offline   Reply With Quote