View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 08:37 AM   #25
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
I realized that I never did a follow-up. The LED lights have been in my Red daily beater for a while now and illuminate the road much better than the yellowed halogen lights.

In a previous post I had mentioned that the brights didn't work. There was no problem with the wiring. I found out that the fuse was blown and the brights hadn't been working with the halogen either until I replaced it.

Some day I may do a proper polish on these lights, but for now, having the yellowed crust removed is good enough for this car. You can make this mod look really nice if you care to.

I kept the original turn signal wired up along with the one built into the LED light. With just the LED, it was blinking too fast.

I did this in such a way that the original aiming screws for the headlight were intact with the mounting in the reflector. I'm glad I did because I needed to adjust both lights down a couple degrees from where they were first installed.
Here's a couple pics of my dirty car.

Fog and turn:

Dim and bright: