View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 04:37 PM   #1
amagalla

Garage
Jug howl from Fuel filler

Hello all,

I've posted this in several places but in the end, I think this might be the best place for this. As is in the title, I have the jug noise coming from the fuel filler vent. If I plug the vent, it stops. At one point I also got the 0446 code, but that has since gone away after changing one of the valves (more on this below). Here is what I've done so far to resolve this.

I've blown compressed air through every line I can find.
I changed out:

1. The Fuel Cap
2. The valve that is attached to the fuel filler neck.
3. The carbon canister
4. The evap valve under the intake manifold (I deleted the 0446 code after changing this and it hasn't returned.

But, after all this, I still have the jug noise, and the system won't go into ready state for a SMOG test.

There are 2 more valves under that right fender. They are the Purge Valve for Fuel Vapor Canister, and the Fuel Tank Vapor Control Valve. They are side by side in what seems to be the same plastic manifold. The purge valve is open with 0volts and closed with 12volts. When closed, it seems to hold both vacuum and pressure. The fuel tank valve is open with 12volts and closed with 0volts. When closed the valve can hold vacuum, but when I blow on it, it fairly easily allows air to pass. Is this normal for these valves? Is there anything else that I should be testing to resolve this issue? Please help. I'm at my wits end. I need to get this car SMOG'd and that can't happen till I solve this.

Thanks.
Tony