View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 07:12 AM   #15
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNcargirl View Post
I was all ready to make the investment in a low profile lift, wheel chocks, Tylenol and bandaids, then weighed that cost against the locksmith...I've decided to let the professionals pop the car. From there I guess having the battery replaced will be the next step? (I can open the frunk with the fuse trick) Hopefully my key unit isn't dead and just needs to be re-paired by putting it in the ignition and turning and holding buttons. I'm due back in the city for an oil change in February; I'll get the lock cylinder fixed then. If it wasn't for the brain trust in this forum I'd be lost! This board has gotten me through so many random issues with my old Boxster and my current Cayman. I'll follow back with my progress.
Before you replace the battery you can check the water level by removing the caps that cover them. Over time it evaporates causing the battery to lose power. There is no such thing as a Maintenence Free Battery although they are advertised that way. You don't want to touch the acid that forms around the battery so hose every thing off 1st If the cells are low top off with distilled water