View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 11:14 AM   #20
super66

Sammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG
The Z06, at 70K, isn't *that* much more affordable than a GT for *most* people. Unlike the GT, it will depreciate, which will, over time, allow Joe Average to own one.
Jack's point goes along with mine in that the vette is a very Joe Average car because of the number produced, Chevy dealers have lots full of them....I picked up an autotrader to look through cars, it's what I do for some reason, 4.5 pages worth of vettes....9 varying P cars in total....

I could have bought a Vette and have always wanted a yellow vert with a black top....but its just too common....would I perceive a 50K mustang as a good option when I can get one for 20K with less stripes and power.....hell naw....its just to common.....I'm lucky to see a boxster a day aside from mine on the road....vettes galore.....

one other thing that is huge is the ZO6 is strictly a hard top.....Y? can you imagine the grief some would give porsche for this kind of crime? the Z06 has been around for what 7-8 years? and they still haven't made one with a targa....can you imagine the injustice porsche owners would cry? y can't I get the bigger engine....why can't I have more horsepower....y can't i at least have a targa....and so on....

sorry for the rant

I guess ultimately if I'm dropping 50 K min, I want some form of scarcity, a prestige associated with ownership, I don't associate that with Vette.....now the Viper is a classic example of a car that appears to hold its value...I mean I am seeing 2000's going for close to 60....now the boxster may not hold its value as well but it personally, for me, met my other criteria...and I can't stand the 911 so boxster it was, sorry guys....

so long long story short, I vote Ford GT in the red and Blue with the numbers painted on it....

Last edited by super66; 10-26-2006 at 11:59 AM. Reason: typo
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote