View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 07:43 AM   #49
denverpete

I certainly don't think that there is a Porsche conspiracy - but it's definitely not out in the open for non-Porsche owners. The fact is that the RMS and the intermediate shaft designs are flawed and have been for some time. Period.

I guarantee that if I had checked out this site before buying my Boxster I would have either purchased new or gotten an extended warranty. Instead, I bought into the "Porsche engines are bullet proof" fallacy. So, within 28 days of ownership of a '99 with 12,240 miles I lost an engine while sitting at a stoplight. Sick to the stomach doesn't begin to describe how I felt when I found out how much it would cost to replace. Luckily for me I had a 90 day warranty and the dealer had to pick up the replacement costs.

I've been back and forth on this car. On most days I can't imagine not owning it or driving it. On other days (Engine failure, MAF, O2 Sensors, coolant problem, spoiler problem, broken center console, broken visor flappy thing, top problem) I just want to unload the damn thing.

I will say that if Porsche fixed just the RMS and intermediate shaft flaws for the 2008 versions - I'd be on the lot in a heartbeat picking out a new ride....

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top