View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 07:32 AM   #13
Sammy

My vote is for the GT 40 simply because the design appeals to me more than the Corvette; however, the Vette is a serious contender against "exotics" regardless of its roots or perceived buyer profile. It has power, looks (not my favorite, but a mean looking stance), handling, etc, all for a much lower price than the "exotics" it is being compared to. If I ever decided to give up my Boxster I will seriously look at a Vette as a replacement. You can find dealers, repair shops, ethusiasts, performance modifications, clubs, racers, etc, around every corner.

Of course, if I could get past the Lotus "expensive china doll" perception I would buy an Espirit in a heartbeat...

BTW - I enjoy all types of racing... including NASCAR!!! In my opinion, every type of racing has a certain level of strategy, skill, and luck which is what attracts my attention. Watching cars race to see who has the fastest car is not enough for me. It's about planning for the entire race and making changes in midstream. It's about a skillful driver that communicates back to his team what is happening. It's about close finishes!
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote