Thread: What do you do?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 06:32 AM   #6
YellowJacket

Send a message via AIM to YellowJacket
I don't mean to sound like anyone's dad, but a 20 year old working at a restaurant has no business driving a Boxster if you ever want to get anywhere in life. You should be putting your money to better use -- either saving and investing, or spending it on college (which is another type of investment).

If I had bought a Boxster when I graduated high school, I'd have..... a 6 year old Boxster! Instead, I put my money into school (ok-- and alcohol!), and at 24, I have a Boxster (non-S) that I purchased used, which is parked in my brand-new 5, 3.5 bedroom house. And I'm far from house-poor or car-poor. I'm not trying to brag; just pointing out the difference that can be made by delaying your automotive dreams until you've accomplished a few other things financially.

Not to say buying a Boxster young is a bad idea in general. Had I not bought a Boxster before meeting my wife, I'd probably be driving an Acura TL or something right now.

Oh, but to answer your original question, I'm a statistician for the financial services industry.
YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote