View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 04:06 PM   #10
911monty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNcargirl View Post
I was all ready to make the investment in a low profile lift, wheel chocks, Tylenol and bandaids, then weighed that cost against the locksmith...I've decided to let the professionals pop the car. From there I guess having the battery replaced will be the next step? (I can open the frunk with the fuse trick) Hopefully my key unit isn't dead and just needs to be re-paired by putting it in the ignition and turning and holding buttons. I'm due back in the city for an oil change in February; I'll get the lock cylinder fixed then. If it wasn't for the brain trust in this forum I'd be lost! This board has gotten me through so many random issues with my old Boxster and my current Cayman. I'll follow back with my progress.
About the door lock. When you insert the key does the cylinder rotate 360 degrees? If it does then the lock fix should take care of it. If it does not rotate 360 then it could be the rod that attaches to the door handle has come loose.

You do not need a low profile lift. The jack point is just in front of the rear wheel.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote