View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 09:36 AM   #1
TNcargirl

UGH-Dead battery, key fob, and broke door lock. how do I get in??

While I was down with Covid my ’06 Cayman went into battery hibernation mode... We’ve seen these posts before BUT, here are my other issues:

key fob not working. It just blinks (changed the battery-no change) I can only assume its no longer paired, and I will need to put it in the ignition to do the re-pairing maneuver. (when the battery is back in business)
The manual door lock is broken (possible lock cylinder that I’ve been reading about)
Not really an issue, but I’m a 2-hour drive from ANYONE who will touch this car (rural south Arkansas)

I’m still struggling with “Covid brain” so I need help trying to figure out what my plan of action needs to be in order to get into this car. I APOLOGIZE because I’ve seen similar posts before but I’m not having luck finding one that fits this situation.

what do you recommend?? I’m assuming for finding one of these emergency release cables, having the car raised would help? (going to find a low profile lift today) Also the lug key is in the car, so removing a tire to help with panel removal isn't an option.

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm trying to stay calm, she's my daily drive but I'm still under covid house arrest, so I've got the time! :ah: