View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 08:04 PM   #14
elgyqc

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeoboxter View Post
... Probably I`ll wait with this investment until spring though. First, what I`d like to try, is to buy similar vinyl material and stitch it in place the old one. The rest of the top is in perfect condition. It`s a lot of stitches, and it may end up being a complete waste of time, but I thought I`d give it a shot.
I replaced the window on my car. Instead of removing the original stitches I cut out the old window leaving about 1 inch of plastic all the way around then attached the new plastic to that. You might be able to glue it on (that didn't work for me). I ended up using pop rivets and stitching. I then covered the stitching with foam insulation tape. I put lots of caulking between the 2 plastic layers and then over the stitches. If you are interested I can give more details on how I did it (and how I would do it differently if I were to start over). I wish I had pulled the plastic tighter because there are a lot of ripples, but it is a big improvement and cost about $60.

See post #8 or this thread
https://rennlist.com/forums/boxster-and-boxster-s-986-forum/1099769-getting-the-maintenance-up-to-date-on-my-new-2000-boxster.html
1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote