View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 10:44 PM   #4
Tool Pants

Well, the way GM and Ford is going, maybe Honda or Toyota can pick them both up.

Before the box, I looked at what I guess was C5 back then. Could not do it. Fat rear and it was 1 foot longer than the box. Lots of tool stuff in my garage. When I measured I would have to move things around to fit in a Vette.

So, being my lazy self, I bought the box. Plus I was young back then and I thought you needed to be at least 50 and have gray hair to own a Vette. Well, now I am. Time to also start looking for a Harley? But I still hate moving things in the garage.

I took the 2.5 box on a Vette drive a few years ago. Fun being behind a car that has twice the hp and about the same weight. But I caught them in the turns.

Last year at ALMS in Laguna Seca the Porsche corral was next to the Vette. They had the Z06 that you could not really buy. The cut-away model was there and techs from GM. And about every Corvette ever made. That fat rear can grow on you. But GM needs to cut the top off the Z06 for me, and that will never happen.

The Panzo is interesting. I checked them out years ago, so I do not know what has changed. I think that would fit in my garage without having to move anything.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote