Thread: Boxster Prices
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 04:41 PM   #80
Qingdao

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
Look at the photo, and you have your answer.
Haha... Nice

TBH I wanna say 2 or three owners.. The meth head I bought it from was the mechanic for the previous owner (or at least the most current owner other than myself). Might be 4 or more; when I was getting power for all the things I needed power for I noticed some oddities in the key wiring. The kind of stuff that would resemble tracking from a used car lot.

That would suggest a first owner, then a second from a used car lot, and then the meth head I got the car from.

I personally don't put bias on a vehicle based on number of previous owners. I just look at the condition and what I've gotta fix.

Then again I have been known to buy stuff from junkyards; so I'm kind of a special breed of stupid.

End of the day I knew what I was buying and the price seemed right cause the chassis looked strait enough and rust free. Kinda wished it had a tan interior cause I wanted to paint the car BR green, but hey what ya gonna do.

EDIT: car, and every nut and bolt accounted for I'm in less than $12 000. That top was a whopper of $2000 and the adaptor plate/clutch/starter was another big one at $1500. The engine with all the machine work, carb, supercharger and yada yada was just under $1500. Oh and the suspension was VERY costly $2000 for all the little control arms and dampeners and whatnot. I had planed for all of this. Getting the car cheaper would have been nice, but I wanted this DONE.

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used

Last edited by Qingdao; 11-24-2020 at 04:47 PM.
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote