View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 09:50 PM   #3
SD987

What do you think the best American vehicle is?

Performance-wise, I think you've identified the only two viable candidates for that title. Pretty sad when you consider the amount of sheet-metal collectively rolled out by the big 2 1/2. I also think it's telling that the manufacturer's basic warranty on either car is substantially less than most 'performance' cars sold by European and Japanese companies.

And/Or, what would you rather have, a Z06 or a Ford GT?

Being asian, the purchase of an American car is forbidden by my culture. However, I suspect that owning a Ford GT would just be a big headache. Off the top of my head, I can think of at least fifteen imported cars I'd rather own than either one of them, most costing thousands less than the Ford. I'm not saying that the fifteen perform better than the vette or GT, but seriously, wtf am I going to do with a Ford GT? Helloooo. It has big ************************ stripes down the middle, I mean come on...

Hats off to the Vette, it's a great car, but anyone who has recently bought a new Porsche has given the Vette some consideration, so the idea of owning a Vette (including the Z06) isn't up on a pedestal for many forum members and was apparently rejected for one reason or another. Definitely not on performance though.

That being said, if someone held a gun to my head and said "You must purchase a vehicle from the round-eye imperialist Yankee dogs !!!" then I'd have to go with the GT, just because Vettes are as common as those damn Boxsters.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote