View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 08:31 PM   #2
MNBoxster

Hi,

Boy are you reopening a can of worms!

But, I agree with you 100% as I have expressed before. The Z06 is the Real Deal - World Class.

I have driven them both - the Z06 on the Street and the Ford GT at the Track (well on a runway actually, at an area event), a fellow local Esprit owner just bought it this past spring. They are both awesome, but completely different.

My choice? The Ford GT, but not by too wide a margin. The Ford GT harkens back to the days when there was really such a thing as a Driver's car. Without all the electro-gizmos, it seems somehow more Honest and makes you aware of how little driving most modern 'Driver's cars' really require. The word refinement doesn't instantly spring to mind, you gotta work it.

IMHO, if the rear squirms out after an ill-advised jab on the WOW Pedal (and it will), that's how it should be, no TC to reel you back in. It's loud, a little cramped, low, all-around more visceral.

The Z06 is better behaved, but only just so (kinda like Eddie Haskell... ). Truth is, they both reach the same achievement, but by different means and that's a matter of choice.

The Z06 has a lot of people running for cover and probably an equal amount in denial. The best opposing arguements to date have been picky barbs at the Interior Vinyl, or minor rattles. But, like it or not, there's no doubt that Chevy has made a statement to the world...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 10-25-2006 at 08:34 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote