View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 07:56 PM   #1
Racer Boy
Racer Boy

I Sold My Boxster

Today I sold my '02 base Boxster. It's been a great car, but I've been looking for something nicer for a bit, and this weekend I flew to San Diego and drove back to Seattle in my new purchase, a 2010 Cayman S.

The 987.2 Cayman S is a pretty rare car, searching nationwide using all the usual websites and SearchTempest would turn less than 10 cars for sale! In 2010 they only sold about 600 in the US, so they are hard to find. Most of the cars for sale were black, which I didn't want. On a whim, I looked on Bring A Trailer, and there was what turned out to be my car! Obviously, I won the auction. It's a one-owner car with 22K miles on it. PDK, Sports Chrono, comfort seats, and the PCM and Bose. After driving it the 17 1/2 hours (1300 miles) home, I feel pretty familiar with it now.

I'd set up the Boxster for semi-serious track use, so I've pulled some of the parts off of it and will be putting them up for sale soon.

I'll miss the Boxster, it's been a fun car, but I think I'll be pretty happy with the Cayman, too. 100 more horsepower never hurts! The interior is much nicer, and it's just a more refined and civilized ride. Also, the 9A1 engine is pretty bullet proof, without any of the flaws of the M96 motors.

These are the Cayman pictures from the BAT website.

Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote