View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 03:55 PM   #32
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

Clearly, we disagree. You can call it whining if you want, but that simply isn't so, it's just calling it like it is. Sorry if that disturbs you or your choice.

I have already decided to sell my Boxster, even though I've had no problems with it at all (though PO had an RMS replacement at 4k mi. - dry as a bone 24k mi. later). Frankly, the Car just really isn't that great. It has some good points, but it's also heavy, underpowered, poorly designed, potentially unreliable.

I don't care about owning a Porsche, that's no badge of honor for me. I've already owned them and have owned many more prestigeous cars in my time. I've had the Boxster 2 years and half my friends don't even know I own it or have seen it. Interestingly, it's just not the kind of car I would want to hold on to. I don't envision selling my Lotus Esprit (owned 17 yrs.) or Datsun 240Z (owned 34 yrs.) in the foreseeable future, but the Boxster just isn't that kind of car to me.

I was looking for a Miata when this one came along and was too good a deal to pass up. I can sell it today for more than I paid. Been there, done that, got the 'T' shirt. So many cars... so little time. I think I hear a new direction calling...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Glad you are putting your wallet where you mouth is. Again, I was talking disputing your specific statement about "value", and how it didn't apply to buying a Porsche. Again, you expect value in a Honda purchase, not a Porsche.

Also, my choice is not disturbed, as I am absolutely loving the car.

Good luck with the next in line.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red