View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 03:36 PM   #28
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
Sorry, I don't agree that the point is that value is what you expect when you pay the premium price for a Porsche. Value is what you expect out of a Honda purchase, not a Porsche. When you buy a Porsche, you may expect prestige and performance, and at a higher cost than many alternatives, but certainly not value. I agree totally with Grizzly. Stop yer whining already. If you don't like what Porsche is doing or not doing, talk with you wallet and buy somethin else why dontcha?
Hi,

Clearly, we disagree. You can call it whining if you want, but that simply isn't so, it's just calling it like it is. Sorry if that disturbs you or your choice.

I have already decided to sell my Boxster, even though I've had no problems with it at all (though PO had an RMS replacement at 4k mi. - dry as a bone 24k mi. later). Frankly, the Car just really isn't that great. It has some good points, but it's also heavy, underpowered, poorly designed, potentially unreliable.

I don't care about owning a Porsche, that's no badge of honor for me. I've already owned them and have owned many more prestigeous cars in my time. I've had the Boxster 2 years and half my friends don't even know I own it or have seen it. Interestingly, it's just not the kind of car I would want to hold on to. I don't envision selling my Lotus Esprit (owned 17 yrs.) or Datsun 240Z (owned 34 yrs.) in the foreseeable future, but the Boxster just isn't that kind of car to me.

I was looking for a Miata when this one came along and was too good a deal to pass up. I can sell it today for more than I paid. Been there, done that, got the 'T' shirt. So many cars... so little time. I think I hear a new direction calling...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99