View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 06:29 PM   #1
ddruker

On board computer hack - how long is the wiring harness?

I have all the parts pulled together to complete the addition of the onboard computer to my 2001 Boxster S, but rather than spending $80 on the special unobtainium plated Volkswagen wires specified in most builds, my plan is to solder up my own wiring harness.

I have plenty of wire and the appropriate molex connectors laying around, and my soldering iron is plugged in and warmed up, but I'm not exactly sure how long to make the harness, and I prefer to make the harness up before I take the instrument cluster off. From pictures of the hack it looks like it could be somewhere between 12 and 24-inches long, but it's a bit hard to tell. I searched Google and I searched the forums and I couldn't find anything on the length to make this harness.

Do any of you remember roughly how long this wiring harness should be? To be clear we are talking about the five wires that go from the back of the instrument cluster to the plug on the new computer control stalk I'm adding to the steering wheel controls...

Many thanks in advance for your wisdom
ddruker is offline   Reply With Quote