View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 08:33 AM   #7
Smallblock454

@911monty:

The issue i have is vibrations, not noise.

The vibrations apperar in the drivers footwell area.

Meanwhile the vibrations also appear when the engine is not under load. Before they only appeared when the engine was under slight load.

Since they've changed the front motor mount to an old one i also have vibrations in the seat and in the centre console / gear shifter.

Noneheless i've checked the procedure you've described today, but couldn't find any noise or behavior that was there, before i brought the car to the workshop to do the repairs.

What i can tell is, that the vibrations are definitely engine related. If i press the clutch the vibrations go away as soon as the rpm drop. If i press the clutch and try to hold the rpms at the same level, which is a bit tricky because the engine has to be under a slight load, the vibrations are still there.

@Starter986 and @RacerBoy

The new engine mount has a 987 parts number and the covers on the side are different. The original 986 engine mount has a rubber cover on each side. The 987 engine mount has rubber and foam compound cover on each side.

Porsche said that this is the right updated motor mount for this 986, but we (i and the workshop) were not shure. Now i am shure that this new 987 front motor mount works much better than the old use one, because i now have vibrations in the seat. So i'm shure they go away if they install the new mount. And now i know that the 987 front motor mount seems not to be responsible for the engine related vibrations in the footwell.

Unfortunalety my main problem the engine related vibrations in the footwell is not solved. And i hate these vibrations. I know that the reception of vibrations are a very individual thing. To me it's a very unpleasant kind of vibration. I have no more fun when driving the car.

Before the car was concerning the engine was for me completely vibration free. OK, some light shaking in the seat when standing at the traffic lights, but no engine related vibrations above idle. So i'm a kind of desperate at the moment.