View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 12:14 PM   #62
Homeoboxter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfkjeld View Post
This is the end of the saga for now am afraid. I made a mistake (again) with interpreting a diagnosis. This time from Modermann in Palo Alto. I thought “Needs adjustment, that’s all” (my words, not theirs) was a straightforward procedure. Like adjusting valves. I learned later it means, pull the cam cover off then start looking for the problem. Which can range from an additional $500 to $4-5k. And since there are no symptoms suggesting tensioner or chain rails, the problem is likely on the more expensive end. Decided I am just going to drive it until it requires a smog cert. And since it just passed smog after S Car Go cleared the CEL, maybe it will again next year. If not, sell as is for peanuts.

In the meantime, the car starts and runs beautifully. Tho the cams being 6deg off, I expect the engine must not be too happy. And staring at the CEL lit up is annoying.
I`m sorry for the outcome, but I understand you don`t want to deal with it any more after this hassle. Are you still planning to submit a claim to BBB?
Homeoboxter is offline   Reply With Quote