View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 02:36 AM   #3
Traco

Well I never got a chance to do that job and the car got very little use last summer. I don't think I actually made it to any event.

So time to drag this project back up for everyone else's amusement. I shall keep the profanities to myself as I am sure it will get very colourful.

I started the car today for the first time since October and turned her round. She's now up on the lift with the rear section of cover removed.

When I looked last season there was one bolt on the right that was obscured by the thermostat housing. I figured to have half a chance of getting that bolt out I'd need straight on access. So I parked the job.

Fast forward and now that we are under house arrest I've overdosed on the brave pills and intend to get stuck in. As in getting in there I figured it was a good time to install a new pump, stat, gaskets and new coolant. Hopefully when I get the pump out I'll be able to get a camera up in there and check the engine mount as now would seem like the logical time to change if needed.

A few pics and as there is no sport on feel free to place your bets via Paddy power on how many bolts will shear and how many knuckles will be maimed.

A few pics of today's efforts. It will a case of slow and steady.
2003 Boxster S, Seal Grey
Traco is offline   Reply With Quote