View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 12:07 PM   #8
Andy804

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharper410 View Post
Well I have a 914-6 that is great but is not the most ”user friendly” car due to some of the modifications. Very stiff suspension so you feel every little bump and it has no heat or air. So I've been eyeing Boxsters for a more "civilized" fun car to tool around in. I've seen several advertised that in various stages of neglect so I put a wanted ad on Craigslist looking for a little bit of a project one. A couple weeks later a guy about 10 miles from me hit me up with this one. It has 96k miles and is fine mechanically but needs the top replaced, seats recovered, and a few other things fixed. But the sale included a brand new top and other parts the guy had already purchased. Clean title and no history of wrecks. I thinks its always been here in Georgia. Very few options according to the sticker (windscreen, alarm, CD radio, 6 speaker audio, cruise). Unfortunately someone swapped out the 18" wheels for base 16” ones and I think it should have speakers in the storage box (option 584) that aren't there.
Sounds like a great deal especially with the new top and parts. I know what you mean about the 914. I still remember my dad's 914 and although my mother had good reason to sell it, I still wished she could have kept it when he passed away. Again, congrats on your Boxster and enjoy.
Andy804 is offline   Reply With Quote