View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 09:12 AM   #88
Homeoboxter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qingdao View Post
O M G... Everybody talks up Kennedy engineering.. Oh man Kennedy is the bomb digity. Oh Kennedy makes some sharp shiz. BUT Dagnabit (I'm using softer words) I was gonna do some real hatting on Kennedy the other night.

I went to put in my trans on the KEP adaptor plate. I had previously (as seen on this thread) mocked the engine and trans up in the car. No problems right??? But when I went to put the trans back in for real this time I ran into a big snafu. One of the bellhousing bolts for the SBC is in the same spot as the Porsche bellhousing. I know thats not necessarily KEP's fault, but at least they could have not made a hole there or made some kind of note about it. SO I took the trans back out (what a pain). Cut a chunk out of the Porsche bellhousing.

THE Next attempt at re-installing the trans... I had it all bolted up with all the bellhousing bolts in place. And I went to put the starter motor in. CLUNK I hit the Porsche bellhousing. Apparently you have to cut out another chunk of the Porsche bellhousing to get their starter to fit. OH man I was cursing when I took the trans back out.

ANYWHO, alls well that ends well. I cut my chunks out and re-installed the trans.

^^^ Thats the area in question that anyone following me (I doubt there are those as crazy as I***) can use as reference on where to cut.

Here is the old girl sitting all pretty in that engine bay.... I just wanna cry its so beautiful.

So I asked on FB and someone politely responded to my inquiry, but I'm retarded and even more so when it comes to electricity. What color wires, or which pins do I need to make wires go to to make this sensor work. I feel like this is a VSS which is something I want and I accidently hacked it off. Does anybody have a wiring diagram I can follow the VSS wire to a source or know off the top of their heads which pin on what I need to make a wire to make this work?

***Or just touched in the head??
Not sure if that helps you any way, but on my car this connector is blank, wasn`t used and capped off. The only cable that comes from the tranny is the reverse gear switch. Perhaps it`s optional and the speed signal for the speedometer is coming from the ABS sensors?
Homeoboxter is offline   Reply With Quote