View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 06:11 PM   #7
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Wow... no posts since May. By early June, I had decided not to go to the $2000 Challenge ( https://2000challenge.com/ ) this year. It's just not a great year to drive 1,000 miles across the country, then visit with elderly family and friends in Florida while attending a motorsports event.

I started fixing more minor issues with the car. One of the spark plug tubes had started to leak, so I replaced all three on bank one. Later this year, I plan to do the spark plugs and get the rest of the tubes replaced.

I have a new Pierburg water pump ready to install, but have not got to it yet.

I got a code for the MAF and replaced it with a new Bosch. It runs much better now at lower RPMs.

Recently the headlights quit working while I was driving at night. I thought it might be the bulbs or the HID ballast, but it turned out to be a bad headlight switch. I made it the rest of the way home that night using the fog lights.

My grandson loves riding with the top down. He was with me on a 150 mile drive when we rolled the odometer past 95,000 miles. This car has the child seat airbag deactivation bar installed so plugging in a buckle under the passenger seat turns off the airbag.

Last edited by 78F350; 12-10-2020 at 07:15 PM.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote