View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 03:24 PM   #97
itsnotanova

Thanks guys. The new livery is a crowd pleaser. Last weekend there was a huge off-road event held at a park northeast of Fort Worth. There was dirt bike racing, side-by-side racing, a Jeep sponsored 4x4 event and a rallycross. My boxster was the first vehicle you would see as you entered the park. I got tons of thumbs up and saw lots of people taking pictures of my car. It felt good to hear so many people like the new look. Beyond the looks, the suspension and engine modifications performed excellent. I raced the golf the first day(came in third) and raced the boxster the second day(came in second and had the fastest run of the day). I'm in the lead for points and was hesitant to race the boxster as I wasn't sure how I'd do. This track was rough and it beat the crap out of cars. The track condition was one that most of us hadn't seen before. Some areas would pack down, but other areas would become huge deep sand pits that would cause cars to almost get airborne as they got out of it. The race was tons of fun though. Here's some pictures and commentary.

This is the 2020 scca national champion rallycross car. I beat it both days. This is a great shot of the car coming out of one of those holes that got deeper and deeper as the event went on.

Here's me going through a hole in my golf and the damage afterwards

I don't have many pics of the boxster. The first is me crashing the jeep area with my boxster.

Here's the damage done to the boxster. Not too bad, all things considered.