Thread: Project Lazarus
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 03:22 PM   #78
PaulE

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
Thanks guys. I appreciate everyone that's followed along.

I guess I hadn't thought about the length of time in terms of a restoration. I'm used to getting my Wheeler Dealer cars ready for sale in a matter of wks, not months. This has seemed long to me in that regard, but has been a great project nonetheless.

Now that I'm "retired", I get to do what I enjoy. The victories have kept me motivated. It's safe and easy to do the same things over and over (buy a car, do the maint, polish, then sell). This project has stretched my boundaries immensely. It's reminded me of my younger days when my dad and I rebuilt wrecked cars. We'd run into obstacles but my dad would think things thru and come up with a solution. Been a lot of that with the shark and I learned patience and persistence from my dad.

It's simple mathematics. I have a 2 car garage and 3 cars. One of my cars currently resides at my mom's house while I work on the Mistress. She has a basement garage along with her regular 2 car garage so my car isn't in her way, but having 3 cars and the next Wheeler Dealer car just wouldn't compute. It's the age old car guy problem of too many cars and not enough room. You just can't keep all of them.

My dad liked to say there's always another car around the corner. And I have the bad habit of rounding the bend to see what's there.
I understand I hope that you make enough to cover the money and time you've invested in this one! You've done a lot more than they ever do on any car on the Wheeler Dealer tv show!
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote