Thread: window symptoms
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 05:59 PM   #14
elgyqc

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger View Post
... What was interesting is when I touched the 9 pin connector as I was removing latch, it would actuate windows, back and forth. It must be loose or something, but it looks fine. I think my issue is the connector, but the microswitch was on the way out

at this point, Im replacing the latch, hopeful that I can clean and revive the 9 pin connector. Dont want to replace that as well because I will be waiting for part. Also considering the the PCB board connections could be the "connector issue"

the M535 option isnt something I looked into, If I source another porsche door latch, are they all the same, or is there a non-M535 door latch out there? I could still swap parts with my orignal, but if this is the case, how do I tell the difference.
I had exactly the same symptom, touching or wiggling the connector made the window go up, down, up. Changed the connector... same thing. Took the latch electronics apart and resoldered the 9 pin (or rather the sockets for the pins) contacts on the PCB and solved the problem. I got the impression that only Porsche supplies the latch for the M525 option (which my car has) and that 9 pin Audi or VW latches work otherwise. But there seem to be many part numbers and I never did really get it clear in my head. If it is the mechanical part that is broken it is easy to switch the plastic case the holds the electronics to another latch's mechanics.
1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote