View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 03:10 PM   #3
PaulE

I can tell you that my LN Single Row Pro lasted about 35,000 miles. That model is a dual row ceramic bearing that was a direct replacement for the single row OEM bearing in my 2003 S. I bought my car new and at around 42,000 miles I thought it would be a good idea to preemptively upgrade my IMSB. The LN unit failed at 77,500 miles. I don't think it is a matter of the ceramic bearings failing, I think it is a matter of some small bits of debris in the oil finding their way into the bearing, and then the harder ceramic bearings grinding that debris into the softer steel bearing races until they let go. Of course there shouldn't be any debris in oil but something happened. My rebuilt engine has the LN IMS Solution. My uneducated guess is that 10,000 miles should be ok regardless of time if you are changing the oil frequently, but JFP said it best, give LN a call, they were very helpful to me when my IMSB went and that is why I went with the IMS Solution for round 2.
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote