View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 10:26 AM   #14
Jgkram

For what it is worth I had a similar issue several years ago (4 or 5 probably). Was a combination of what sounded like chain rattle and/or lifter tick. After reading all of the "snake oil" comments concerning MMO, I came across an old reply from Jake Raby who said he had "...saved many an engine using MMO." At that point I decided to start a regimen that I have stuck with to this day for each oil change. Every 3,000 miles I add 4 ounces of MMO to a full tank of gas. I then drain an equal amount of oil to the remaining amount of MMO and add the MMO to the oil. I drive the car for about 300 miles and do a complete oil change with Motul. I also get a Blackstone report with each change which I will be glad to share with anyone interested but they are amazed at my numbers. Most importantly, NO chain rattle or lifter tick in years after following this process. It may all be worthless other than in my head but going on 6+ years without a single issue or problem. It's been one of the most reliable cars I have owned and I was a Toyota/Honda zealot.
Jgkram is offline   Reply With Quote