View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 12:25 PM   #3
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -tWv- View Post
Hey all,

I searched around and couldn't find a straight answer, so hoping someone can help with this simple question. I have a '98 boxster and wanting to get started on some upgrades. My plan is to start on the exhaust and one of the cheaper initial upgrades is to install some long-tube headers. Since my car doesn't have the pre-cat in the header, I should be able to install these without changing the O2 sensor config at all. I am planning eventually to pair headers with instake, high flow cats, FVD brombacher exhaust, and a tune but saving money currently for those upgrades. I've read some conflicting reports online about headers requiring a tune on other cars so want some insight from anyone who has gone this route before on the 986.

I bought Manzo headers (jumped the gun a bit) and want to go ahead and install them, but want to make sure there won't be any negative impact. Can I go ahead and swap in the headers or do I need to wait and do this stuff all at once with a tune?

Thanks in advance!
Zero negative impact. You may or may not find that they fit without modification..... we get what we pay for. I had to get creative on the right-side.
You won;t need any tune or map for them. In fact, it's questionable how much gain you;d see (if any) if you DID map after they were installed.

Now, once you get to the 987 airbox / MAF / Intake, etc etc, then with everything combined, then it's time to add a tune.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote