View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 02:12 AM   #9
beater986

I'm going to ignore the bit of snark since I understand how the post may come off and I see you've actually contributed some decent information here.

The initial post lacked some information because I was just attempting to see if deflection is a known issue and happen to come across that post below speaking about it and swapping the trailing arm.

From my previous experience with 90s Hondas, the trailing arm bushing disintegrating over time would cause the trailing arm to deflect in a similar manner.

The cause of the contact was actually a horribly bent wheel. Visually it looked only slightly damaged and held air, but when we put it on the balancing machine it was drastic.

While this explains the strut contact, it likely does not an explanation for the feeling. Specifically, there is quite a bit of body roll coupled with some under-steer in the front; though the under-steer does not seem to come about consistently.
When I was on a square setup, the car was definitely a bit tail-happy, but in a very predictable and controllable way.

I plan on logging more seat time in the car, freshening up the tired old suspension itself which I am sure is shot, and then attempting to further dial in anything else by adding a rear bar.

At this point, I'm attempting to research what shock/spring combos everyone seems to be going with. The PSS9s look like your standard choice, but given this is a daily driver and canyon car, I am unsure if they will be streetable enough. The ROW 030 seems like an option, but for the price maybe Koni FSD? Not sure how those compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
If you can help us more, we can help you more. What exactly IS the driving problem you're experiencing?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited by beater986; 09-14-2020 at 02:17 AM.
beater986 is offline   Reply With Quote