View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 06:19 PM   #18
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzorro View Post
Blue62, I ran the tests. When the SAI runs, the voltage drops way low. So the SAI is basically working properly (according to that test anyways). I could not feel air from the tailpipe after activating the SAI with the engine off.

What is interesting is the behavior of the O2 sensors as the car is warming up. The post cat voltages hover around 1v. But go up and down up to .99 and 1.06 (blue and red). The pre-cat O2 sensors bounce up and down but not that crisply. Seem like they are getting a bit "lazy" (green and yellow).

Anyways, second set of O2 sensors should be here this week. Then I'll swap them all and see what happens.
That test of the SAI that I described to you is exactly what the ECU does to test the SAI. The test I described is just a way to force it manually
So if it drove your pre cat O2 sensor voltages low then it seems your SAI is working properly.

If your not fully warmed up and watching your O2 sensors you could still be on a cold start fuel map so it may be a little rich. Also the Cats may not be fully lit off and hot enough to function optimally. So post cat O2 sensor readings could show rich (high voltage).

What RPM are you at when you take the screen shots of the O2 sensor graphs??
I am guessing idle.
Try getting fully warmed up. Then bringing the RPM up to 2000-2500 RPM and look at the O2 sensor reading and see if there is much difference.

Your O2 sensor graphs don't look quite right to me. And it's really hard to tell much by just a screen shot. but your changing them out anyway so no big deal

How is it running??

Last edited by blue62; 09-07-2020 at 06:27 PM.
blue62 is online now   Reply With Quote