View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #3
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billb
Ok guys, I'm new here and to Porsches in general. 10 days after taking delivery of my 2000 2.7 Boxster n Guards red with full Porsche service history and 38,000 mile on the clock, the heater blower has stopped blowing. :ah: Any Ideas? Does not seem to be the fuse, although I would be obliged if someone would confirm which is the correct one! The motor had sounded a bit noisy up to now, clicking a bit like an electric fuel pump but this went away if you changed the fan speed.
Is the blower motor somewhere accessable?

Hi,

Sounds as if the Fan/Blower is Kaput from what you describe, unusual, but not impossible. Be sure to check fuses D-6 and E-7. It is also possible that some debris got into the system and is jamming the Squirrel Cage (Fan), but again, with the Cabin Filter - unlikely.

Replacement motors (PN# 996.572.903.00) are available, but spendy (list is $370). Replacement isn't too bad, much better than some Blower Motors I've had to deal with. Before replacing the Blower, I'd remove it to a bench and using jumper wires wire it to a 12V source to make sure that it doesn't work (before spending $370 needlessly).

I can send you the R&R procedure if you PM me with your email addy as you can't make attachments to PMs. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

PS - As mentioned, be sure to check the ignition switch, all sorts of Gremlins come out when it's acting up - Good Call!
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote