View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 07:34 PM   #10
Russdawg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
In 2002 I test drove new cars for a living. My favorites were Porsches & the C5. C5 is very comfortable & has as much leg room as any vehicle I've driven. The seats are a simple design but they work. It has instant throttle responce & lot's of torque. It's relatively cheap to maintain & looks good too. handling is good with those wide tires & suspension. The same year Boxster S is smaller inside & out & more expensive to maintain. I had nothing but muscle cars up to this point but wanted a new car, something about the Boxster was just funner at sane speeds & the C5 just made you want to break the law to enjoy it. So I bought my 2000 S in 2003 & have never regreted it. I did rebuild the engine to 3.6 litres in 2010 to give it more power.
A car that’s encouraging you to break the law is never fantastic, but that’s definitely interesting. I’m sure it has something to do with the fact that you’re doing 100+ in 3rd gear with the C5 :O

Glad you agree that the C5 would be easier and cheaper to maintain.

If you had to take one on a 800 mile road trip, which would you pick and why?

You can factor in the fun aspects you pointed out above, or just talk about driving comfort/ease. Or both. But as you know, speed limits only go up to 70mph here in California
Russdawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote