View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 03:07 PM   #24
Hasbro

Wow, time has flown!

Thanks to everyone's input I have pretty much narrowed suspension parts down (to start out with) and should be ready to get going here soon. Been saving my pennies in the meantime.

To review, this is for a 2,400 lb. "street rat", for cornering, don't care about top end or fitting into a sanctioned group. On the street, can go into corners fast, not as much emphasis on mph coming out of corners. I'm anticipating a lot of adjusting with the square setup. I'm concerned there won't be enough tread.

- Tires; Toyo Ra1s, 235/40/17, squared. 24.4" diameter, 9" tread (wish I could go wider). Lower gearing, a little lighter in the rear, warm up fast, don't cycle out and handling keeps improving as it wears to the end. Will lower car at least 3/10" without suspension adjustment to help with McPherson's camber problem the more it compresses. They handle a smaller width wheel very well.

- Coilovers; Feals, stock springs for now until weight is attained. Do I need the adjustable bump stops?

- Lower GT# adjustable arms for front for now rears later.

- Adjustable front bar.

- Adjustable rear toe links, front and rear thrust arms, rear control arm links.

- I will also replace tranny, motor mounts.

Sound good?

edit; I also have a paved 1/6 mile "track" that I can play on after hours. Just need to lock the gate. Lots of different cambers and elevation changes.

Last edited by Hasbro; 09-05-2020 at 03:48 PM.
Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote