View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 11:27 AM   #7
maytag
Who's askin'?

I'm with racer-boy on this. That rear "tuning fork" (what a stupid thing to call a trailing link) is not on the list of things frequently replaced by the fast guys. (And there's a hint: if you're looking for mods to help you go fast, don't copy mods from someone who is all about stance and pose). The ONLY thing that link positively locates is the front / rear distance. The exception here, is when adjustable LCA's ("coffin arms", to the "tuning fork" crowd) are fitted with enough spacer (to gain camber) that they need an adjustable trailing link to correct caster.

I'm also wondering how someone who says they taught hpde for a decade gets to a point where they post the following:
1) I'm racing on the streets and got schooled.
2) I'm blaming the car, but can't really describe the problem, just a vague term like "twitchy".
3) I don't understand how the suspension works in my car.
4) I'm running on mismatched tires.
5) I don't have a clue what my tire pressures are. Nor my wheel-offset.
6) I know I have a suspension or wheel-offset issue because the wheel rubs on the strut (But it hasn't kept me from racing on the street)

I mean, ALL of this sounds like something we'd hear from someone brand new to cars, and especially to high performance driving.

If you can help us more, we can help you more. What exactly IS the driving problem you're experiencing?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited by maytag; 09-05-2020 at 11:32 AM.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote