View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 03:39 PM   #13
tonythetiger
Will there be cake?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
Better yet, use water with UV dye in it, pressurize and hit the area with a black light....
We replaced the coolant tank, and that was on its way out without questions, the backside was crazed and brittle. So I dont feel bad about that effort.

The airlift vacuum with smoke was the trick, we had it running and watched the smoke draw straight up the side of the tranny.
There is a plastic diaphragm thing on the passenger side of the Tip Tranny, way up top. the inlet nipple for coolant was cracked. Replaced this and it held vacuum, sucked in the coolant and the car is back up and running.
Thanks for all the suggestions, good ones for sure. hopefully this helps another with a mystery leak in the passenger side rear wheel well. Tip cars only!

BTW, JFP...the picture is AWESOME, This helps the next guy for sure since you cannot see this in the car. I missed seeing your post on my earlier responses, but knew about the cooler. In fact, I had the part on a shelf so when we discovered it broken I pulled it down. My friend was left wondering...why did he have that part laying around?..haha

928-574-573-03-M53 partnumber
Attached Images

Last edited by tonythetiger; 08-31-2020 at 04:35 PM.
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote