View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 11:22 AM   #8
boggtown

Well, its done. I stopped with dealerships and started calling porsche mechanics. I got to the Euro Doc and he helped me. So thank god for them. Overall, I would not wish this plague of a start button on anyone. So all in all I had to take out my whole center console with the trays and stuff, take out the dash stuff with the climate controll and cd player, contort like a long armed midget, use a cell phone as a flashlight, use the cell phone to call a total of 30 places, spend hours on the internet looking for diagrams, drained my battery by leaving the overhead light on too long, and probably didnt put the air vent back on right when I was done. I hope all of you will appreciate the importance of this information right here: 30 on red and white and 87 on yellow. So I would not recommend this to you, but if you want to put one in, thats what you need to know. I didnt think id ever be happy to hear my battery be dead, but when the button worked, its worth it to have to get it jumped now. And im smart, so the first thing this morning when it wouldnt start I opened the hood so if it died all the way I could get to the battery. Good luck, hope this helps someone.