View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 05:44 PM   #11
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzorro View Post
Thanks Blue62

One clarification, I have 175k kms or 108k miles. But same difference. The car is up there in age and miles and stuff needs replacement.

To answer your specific questions:
1: yes, will swap O2 sensors. Explanation of my rationale below.
2: yes, I can turn on SAI pump with durametric.
3: yes, SAI turns on on cold start, have confirmed it.

I am suspecting O2 sensors over the SAI because:
-all the other codes thrown
-smells to me like it's running rich on idle. Totally subjective opinion
-engine bogging issue (and subsequent CEL) happens after the car is warmed up and in higher revs.
-you pointed out that one of my O2 sensor heater elements is probably pooched anyways.

For the benefit of those joining in the conversation:

Based on my research on here and other places, the primary culprits are 1) MAF, 2) vacuum system (which the SAI plays a part in) and 3) O2 sensors.

1) I already replaced the MAF (and that made a huge difference). 2) The SAI functions and I could not locate a vacuum leak easily (idle drops when oil cap is pulled off and starter fluid sprayed near the hoses and parts did not blip idle at all). 3) Next on the list is the O2 sensors.

Should note also that I replaced my AOS already and that did get rid of blueish smoke on startup.
Your p1128 and p1130 codes for oxygen sensing range 2 are interesting in that one code is saying your at the lean limit on one bank and at the rich limit on the opposite bank. So replacing the O2 sensors may very well take care of those two codes.

Also if you have faulty O2 sensors the SAI can fail it's self test because the ECU uses O2 sensor reading to confirm air injection (lean condition) in the exhaust when it triggers the air pump for the self test.

Watching with interest
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote